GMT seeks dynamic intern
Advocacy Intern: environment, human rights, and peace and security
Netcentric Campaigns connects progressive organizations with the innovation, tools and strategy needed to be successful in the age of connectivity. Intern will support our work harnessing the power of social networks and new technologies to empower environmental, peace and security and human rights communities to affect social change. Intern will become an expert in the most cutting edge advocacy and campaigning tools, and will work directly with advocates seeking to apply these tools to achieve campaign objectives.
Intern responsibilities will include:
· Monitoring the latest discussions on networks, social change and technology.
· Developing interactive resources introducing new technologies (like blogs and wikis) and opportunities for applying them to advocacy and campaigning.
· Facilitating organization and individual understanding of networks and web-based tools through face-to-face and online trainings.
· General office support and administrative tasks, as needed.
· Familiarity with blogs, wikis, RSS, Facebook and MySpace. Applicants must be comfortable learning about and using these tools; A TECH BACKGROUND IS NOT NECESSARY!!!
· Commitment to progressive causes and social change. Familiarity with international development, peace and security, environment, human rights or health communities a plus. Intern will work with one or more of these communities.
· Comfortable working with clients and groups. Good public speaking skills.
Intern will be expected to make a 4-6 month commitment, and will receive a monthly stipend.
Send a cover letter and resume to Karen(at)netcentriccampaigns.org. No phone calls please. Applications accepted on a rolling basis through September 30. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
*Netcentric Campaigns is a division of Green Media Toolshed.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference GMT seeks dynamic intern: