Organizer's Collaborative is seeking an Executive Director
Company: Organizers' Collaborative
Job Title: Executive Director
Description: The Organizers' Collaborative (OC) is seeking an energetic person with substantial organizing and fund-raising experience. This is a hands-on, part-time position, involving program administration, fund-raising, and office management responsibilities. The organization has a strong base of volunteers, over 300 paid members, good administrative systems, an active board, and a solid track record in providing an annual nonprofit technology conference as well as free database software. New leadership is needed to help the group cement the progress and relationships it has already built and to develop a stronger financial base for its operations in the long term. The job involves approximately 15-20 hours a week and is compensated at $20 to $25 an hour.
The Organizers' Collaborative works to provide social change groups with proven, easy-to-use technology and support that is specific to the needs of social change organizers. The organization has three main projects: (1) Annual Grassroots Use of Technology Conference; (2) Organizational Divide Initiative (ODI), a training and assistance program for small under-resourced non-profits; and (3) Organizers Database (ODB), open-source software for non-profit outreach and donor management.
* To develop OC's financial and organizational capacity, by expanding its membership base, identifying additional major funders, and by pursuing joint projects with partner organizations. Director will work closely with and take direction from the Board.
* To build and reconceputalize OC's existing technology assistance programs that assists community groups in Greater Boston and help expand to other communities as part of its Organizational Divide Initiative.
* To oversee the coordination of the annual Grassroots Use of Technology Conference.
* To provide regular communications and outreach to members, supporters, partners and other interested parties via an expanded online presence.
* To work with ODB Project Director, a consultant, tocoordinate ODB work with other OC projects.
* To supervise interns, volunteers and work-study students.
* Strong ability to network with funders, grassroots groups, and potential partnering organizations
* Grant writing and event planning experience
* Program development and/or program management experience
* Good verbal and written communications skills
* Facility with basic computer office applications (word processor, spreadsheet, databases and internet). Familiarity with Quickbooks accounting software ideal, but not required.
* Ability to supervise interns, volunteers and work-study students
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to OC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or fax. Deadline is December 31, 2007. Please no phone calls.
Address: 14 Beacon St. #707, Boston, MA 02108
Fax number: 617-858-9513
Web site: http://www.organizerscollaborative.org
The Organizers' Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Organizer's Collaborative is seeking an Executive Director: