Center for Health, Environment and Justice Seeks Fundraising Manager
CENTER FOR HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND JUSTICE
The Center for Health, Environment and Justice makes communities safer and more sustainable by organizing people to prevent or clean up health-threatening contamination. The Center was founded in 1981 by our executive director, Lois Gibbs, who was the community leader at Love Canal, New York. Because 2008 will mark the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the Love Canal crisis, it offers CHEJ special opportunities for outreach and fundraising.
The Fundraising Manager will develop and coordinate the implementation of CHEJ’s individual fundraising strategies. Responsibilities include personalized appeal mailings, a quarterly newsletter for $100+ donors, project-specific major gift campaigns, and involving the board and staff in fundraising. A separate full-time development associate position manages the membership solicitations, acknowledgements and database. The candidate must have excellent writing and inter-personal skills, and the ability to travel. This full-time position reports to the director of development, and is based in our Falls Church, Virginia office.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee the membership renewal process and database management by the development associate.
• Develop strategies to upgrade the giving levels of existing donors and also acquire new ones.
• Arrange and support major donor visits and calls for executive director, other program staff, and board members, and also travel as needed to meet with major donors.
• Coordinate quarterly staff phonathons.
• Develop strategies for further involving staff, board members and other volunteers in fundraising.
• Make acknowledgement and solicitation calls to major donors.
• Coordinate occasional events, luncheons and gatherings for donors.
• Coordinate special anniversary fundraising initiatives.
• Participate in building our annual on-line auction catalog.
• Produce quarterly major donor newsletter and oversee production of the monthly e-bulletin by the development associate.
• Write all appeal, acquisition, membership and acknowledgment letters, and personalize those for major donors.
• Develop and maintain planned giving campaign, and gifts of stock.
• Develop annual budget of income and expense projections for individual giving and membership.
• Prepare periodic reports on progress toward individual giving income goals.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of development experience, preferably including a demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals. Excellent writing, interpersonal, team building and organizational skills are a must. We are seeking someone who can travel occasionally (about six times a year) to meet with donors, and bring new ideas for enhancing our ability to acquire and upgrade individual donors. Knowledge of environmental issues and Sage fundraising software a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience. CHEJ offers a generous benefits package including leave time, flex time, health and life insurance, and retirement plan.
CHEJ values diversity and encourages applications from women and people of color. EOE. Send a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to:
Center for Health, Environment and Justice
P.O. Box 6806
Falls Church, VA 22040
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Center for Health, Environment and Justice Seeks Fundraising Manager: